Monday, December 18, 2006

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Last Saturday's performance of Deconstructing Santa was awesome. I'm not really complimenting myself or anything, but rather just commenting on the whole experience. I love this show so much, and it's always a true pleasure to perform it. And so when I saw the wonderful crowd that came out to see it, I was pumped.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out to either of the show's two performances this year.

It was great to perform Decon Santa in Franklin for the first time. That show was really unique because we were showing it to people who had never seen it before (unlike performing in Beaver County, where folks were able to see the show for two years in a row). And of course it was also alot of fun having Matt Bower in the show! He's an excellent performer and a really cool Dweller. It was the first time we performed the show with five people, so that was pretty new for us. And thanks to Danette Palmer, who did a wonderful job on the lights and sound. We also owe a big "thank you" to John and the folks at the Barrow-Civic Theater for asking us to do the show there. The Barrow Theater continues to support us in every way they can, and they are awesome people!

It goes without saying that it was also great to perform the show back in Beaver County. When we showed up to CCBC and began setting up the show, Joe and I recalled the first time we did Decon in that auditorium: it was a slightly different show back then, with some different skits... including one with a ton of tinsel. The following year, when we returned to do the show, there was still tinsel on the walls. I don't know what that says about how often they clean that place, or the effectiveness of tinsel as a decoration. You can draw your own conclusions on that one. This time around there wasn't any tinsel, but there was still the awesome crowd that we love in Beaver County. For some of you, this was a brand new show; I really hope you enjoyed it! For the rest, this was something of a tradition. This was the third year we've performed this show at CCBC and some of you told me how you had been talking about it since the first time you saw it. It was great to have you back... and I look forward to doing the show again next Christmas! So thank you for coming!

I also must thank the local small businesses who continue to support the Arts in Beaver County. We had a number of awesome establishments advertise in our program to help defray the cost of putting on the show, and we couldn't continue to do these kinds of shows as often as we do without their support. Thanks Little Meleo's, the Rochester and Aliquippa Pizza Huts, Finishing Touch, and Beaver Falls Coffee and Tea! And, of course, we must thank the Beaver Valley Mall Chick-fil-A for their support. Because of them, everyone in the audience got a coupon for a free chicken sandwich!

Then there are the people who helped us make this show possible. I've already thanked Danette, who rocks. But I must also thank my bro Danny, who doing an exquisite job on the lights and sound at CCBC--without him, you probably wouldn't have seen the show. And thanks to my dad for working the door for us.

I think I'm done thanking people.

So, I can safely say that I speak for all of the Cellar Dwellers when I wish you a HAPPY Christmas! Be safe, eat alot of food, open up some cool presents, and make sure you leave Santa some Oreos (the real ones.)

Also, to brighten your holiday spirits more than they already are... James, Mike the Tall, and I have just released our wonderful "Dodge Intrepid" Christmas episode! So check out our podcast (or click the link below), relax for twenty-minutes, and laugh some more!



Peace.
-Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home