Monday, September 18, 2006

Adult Decisions

I've recently come to a point in life where I've realized that I am, in fact, an adult by legal standards. Unfortunately I am an adult by those standards only. So with much soul searching and a forty, I decided to more closely resemble an adult by society's standards. The first step, learning how to make adult decisions. Now this is a timely process to say the least, and I didnt want to over do it right off the bat. I decided that in order to learn to make Adult decisions I should set some goals along the way, and stick to them. So, I elected to make one adult decision everyday and gradually build from there. Day one complete.

Having freshly acheived my goal, I looked forward to the possible adult decisions I may be faced with on day 2. So much potential for adultery or is it adultmanship, either way. The next day day I found myself driving to the rehersal on route 60. I was moving along at a good clip when i noticed a car speeding up on my bumper. I increased speed so to allow a bit more of a buffer zone between his camaro and my 1992 toyota camary, but as I accelerated he did as well. this continued for a few more miles until i realized i was well above the suggested speed limit posted on this particular highway. I thought to myself "ok you wanna see how fast we can go, lets do it," I was fairly sure i could give him a run for his money, my speedometer could do 140, Im not sure about the car . Fortuneatly , it was at that moment i recalled my recent commitment to become more adultish. so rather then put the hammer down, I simply decelerated and waved him around, giving the douche bag the finger as he past, not only preventing a speeding ticket, but also fullfilling my promise of one adult decision per day.

I'm on day 27 now and things are looking good, last friday I even managed to make two adult decisions, cause I new I would be too drunk to do it saturday night. Planning ahead, another step closer to adulthood.

joe eoj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home