Monday, July 18, 2005

Lock Out, Loretta!

I haven’t seen a hockey game since the 8th grade picnic. And my life has been digressed into a bottomless void. Empty of any meaning. I've been traveling through life like a zombie.
Everyone needs an unhealthy obsession in their life, and mine is hockey and chick soccer. But the NHL went on strike and WUSA folded all in the same year, and my life sucked.
(That may sound petty and childish, but so what? You’re a jerk.)
But now, the National Hockey League stupidity is over. (Do you hear that chick soccer?) The Penguins will be back – at least for another year before they don’t get a new stadium and get sold to someone in Hartford, and we’re stuck with a great baseball stadium, and an incredible sucky baseball team, but we won’t have hockey.
I know what you’re thinking, we have a sucky hockey team here, too.
But that’s all about to change. The new deal is based on salary maximums and minimums, which not only means the Pens will have to spend more money this year, but they’ll have a choice of quality players to spend it on. Which in turn means they could return to the high flying days of the early 90s. Which means more offense. Which means Sam’s dog is gonna be loaded.
I myself was so excited I ate nachos for lunch, broke out my Gary Glitter ‘Rock and Roll, part II’ cd (da-da-da-da-da…HEY!) and pummeled a customer at Toys R Us just to keep peace the rest of the work day. Try to return one set of Lego’s without a receipt, I might let it slide, but Legos and a Care Bear? Something needed done.
I spent five minutes in the buggy corral in the parking lot, but needless to say, no one returned anything the rest of the day without a receipt.
Ya, there’s no more Lock-out, Loretta, and in case anyone wonders, I’m winding my watch, because the crying is over.
Peace, keeping the.
Larry

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Joe eoJ said...

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home