Sunday, May 22, 2005

Mark Your Calendar

I clipped my toenails today. They were really getting quite long, long to the point where my shoes were beginning to fit a little snugly around the tip. I can't even remember the last time I cut them. It may not have even been in 2005. I hardly ever pay any attention to my toes. I wear shoes and socks most of the time. Even in the summer. I never really have been much of a sandal wearer - I just can't stand that 'scrape-flap' sound and the sneaking feeling that my footwear will go flying off at any moment.

I have no way of knowing when I last cut my toenails. This got me to thinking: I really should record these things. Not so much so I can actually schedule my nail clippings. There's little chance of me ever doing anything silly like that. My toenails are wild animals which refuse to be tamed by timetables. I need to record these things only so, when I clip my nails and wonder 'when was the last time I did this?' I can simply look it up. This will save me countless hours of wondering. I can use this time for more profitable endeavors, such as contemplating where ear wax comes from.

So, I am writing this post to declare that today, May 22 , 2005, I, James Angelo Catullo, being of sound mind and body officially clipped my toenails. Now, I need not wonder next time I clip my nails. I'll be able to look at this blog and know when I last cut them. So, I apologize if this post is not amusing. It is not meant to be. I created it for my own use. Now, I have time for more enlightened thought.

So, when was the last time I shaved my back?

Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home