Monday, May 08, 2006

Everything but the dalmation

Saturday night, we went to Penn Hills to do a show at "some Volunteer Fire Department thing."
I hereby declare it as "favoritest gig ever."

It was their annual banquet, and after a dinner at a local hotel, they came back to the firehall to find us there. Only a select few even knew that their entertainment was going to be improv. It was a fun show, the highlight of which would have to be Sean (played by Joe) rescuing a cat (played by Mike) from a tree (played by Ben). And the cat was stuck pretty high up there.

After the show we were invited to stick around for a while and partake of the open bar and free snacks. Partaking was done. Oh, yes.

And as if the night couldn't get any better (free snacks!), we were allowed to climb on the truck and get our pictures taken, and we WORE THE HATS. Everyone was so kind. Shout outs to Valerie and Brian, Big Shot Sean, and to Kristin, for heading up our team during flip cup.

Readers, I suggest that if you are ever in a jam, you contact the fine people at Penn Hills #3/North Bessemer VFD. Like if you are bored or something. Not if you have an emergency. And I am just saying that because I am pretty sure none of you live anywhere near Penn Hills. So if your house is on fire, don't call them and let your house burn down while you wait for them to get there, and then blame it on me. Because I warned you, although I appreciate that you respect my opinion that much.

But, you know, I do hate cats, so if yours is in a tree let the wretched thing wait up there until Sean or Brian or somebody has a weekend off. And have some free snacks for them.

Much respect,
Nang

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger bm said...

I can't believe I missed a chance to climb into a g'd fire truck.

bm

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Ben said...

I can't believe i left before the flip cup game
-benny

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

posting the pics any time soon?

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe it's not butter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home