Tuesday, October 25, 2005

An Early Snow

Last night, at about 11P.M. it started snowing, and hasn't really stopped since. Now call me a prude, but I'm pretty sure Mother Nature jumped the gun on this one. It's a little too early for those frigid flakes to be wafting about... and while some are excited about the idea of an early snow, I just can't help but feel a little cheated.

I'm a big "Fall guy"-- not to be confused with Fall Guy-- and in fact I enjoy both of the moderate seasons (spring and fall.) See? Who said I don't like moderates? Last Spring seemed to go on for quite a while, encroaching into Summer's normally steamy months. Summer made up for its latency by being really freaking hot almost constantly. But it seems like just yesterday we started Fall, and already Winter is butting in like a Rodney Dangerfield at a frat party.

Doesn't Mother Nature have enough to do? She's already destroying the gulf coast with dozens of hurricanes. She's also putting in her two cents in the Middle East peace process with a horrific earthquake. She's kicking our ass and yet she finds time to sprinkle some early snow on top of Seton's Hill! Mother Nature better hope she doesn't run into me in a dark alley, because I'll stomp her into the ground like a member of the Turnbull AC's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home