Thursday, June 02, 2005

The New Houseguest

My aunt and uncle in law went on a trip. A 6 week long trip to Tennessee for, i don't know, something that takes 6 weeks to accomplish. This, however, is not the point of my Blog today. Thier indoor cat, on the other hand, is.

As I'm sure you guessed by the title, Danette and I are watching her aunt and uncle's cat for the 6 weeks that they are out of town. I am fine with this. I like cats. (Not as much as i enjoy the compainship of dogs, but I like Cats.) The cat is named 6toes. Why? Well isn't it obvious, on his front 2 paws, he has an extra toe. It's cute. he can do normal cat things, like jump on counter tops... while you're making dinner. Rub against you're leg... causing you to trip and fall into the microwave stand. Scratch and claw... the carpet into little stringy bits. He's a normal and functional cat. The one thing he does really well though, is poop.

This cat should enter pooping competitions. He poops when he wakes up, he poops 10 minutes later after rubbing against your leg. Pet his belly, go ahead, he likes it, it makes him poop. I have Never, and I mean NEVER seen a living creature excrete as much waste as this cat does on a daily basis. Either his food is full of extra fiber, or his extra toes are little poop machines, overworking themselves till his entire intestinal cavity is filled to the brim with feline waste.

It's not even that he eats a whole lot. we feed him a bit in the morning, then around 6-ish we give him a can of food (which smells almost as bad as his poop does). There has to be other forces at work behind this poop manufacturing. So I watched him this morning. he did typical cat things. Lie around, drink some water, poop. typical stuff. Then i thought, "Hmm. I never had an indoor cat before. I don't know how much they poop on a regular basis. What if all cats poop as much as 6 toes does. Should I judge 6 Toes differently when this is all he knows about pooping."

But alas, I did find out one thing for certain. Cats know how to train humans. I the 4 days that he has been here, i have cleaned out his litter box 3 times. Surely I will be cleaning it tomorrow as well. He does nothing but sleep in a bed, that I made for him. Eat food, that I set out for him, and poop in a box of litter, that i clean up after. The next 5 weeks of my life will prove to revolve around a cats eating, sleeping, and bathroom habits, and i asure you, it stinks. Now if you'll excuse me, i have something pressing that i have to sift through.

-Ben

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of excrement, my cats would definitly win the competition for the poop scooting contest. When they get bored of their toys, they take their poop out of the litter box and scoot it around the floor!

--Jenn

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Ben said...

thank goodness he hasn't mastered that event yet. The poop stays where he buries it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home