Thursday, July 01, 2004

Whatter yinz guys doin aht here?

Now, as little mike aforemantioned, there is a new theatre in beaver county. May I echo that it does indeed beat the pants off the old Carmike Theatre across the way. To start, it cost 7 dollars for a movie. Carmike, $7.50. Now not just the ticket prices, but everything has prices that small, significant ammount lower that you could say, YEA! it's better, And Cheaper.
Now i saw Spiderman 2 last night, and I'll say i didn't like it as well as the first. Yes, the CGI is a bit cleaner, and the build up was good, but the story was not as... well... "yea that kicks ass"-esque. A fight scene with Doc. Octopus cuold have gone longer and been better (a significant source of untapped territory), and the plot somewhat turns you against spidey, but a scene with a runaway train was done very well. But that is not why i Blog for you today! The eason is simple...Donnie Iris.
As i left work on wed. it was aobut 6:50 when i heard on the radio, DVE nonetheless, that Michelle Michaels was at the new Cinemark Theatre in Monaca, and she was antici...........pating the concert event of the week... Donnie Iris and B.E. Taylor would be performing an acoustic set at the opening of the new Theatre.
Holy King of Cool Batman! I had to get down there! So going as fast as the legal limit would allow me, I raced over the the Lowes Shopping center to catch the cool King, B.E., and some kick ass guitarist named Rick belting out 8 Days A Week, Rocky Racoon, I wanna Hold Your Hand, Love is like a Rock, Vitimin L, Ah Leia, and The Star Spangled Banner for an encore. It was so great. Plus i won a free T-shirt for an upcoming movie called "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" And an Allman Bros. CD.
All in all, a great compilation of events for a wednesday night.

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I saw you there as you were pulling out. I yelled and waved but you just blissfully drove away without so much as a care for my tidings...*sniff*
-Matt

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Mike said...

You know, I think I enjoyed this movie a tad more than the first one. This was mainly because of the NON action parts. I thought the characters were awesome, and the inner struggles of Peter and Mary Jane were just like the comic books! Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I like it because I know the comic books like the back of my hand! Don't know how many people know this, but John Jameson (the fiance' of MJ) brings back Venom from space... so the question is now: for the third movie will the bad guy be Venom or Green Goblin??? I can't wait! Also, Michael Chabon wrote the screen story... and he rocks. Wonder Boys anyone?

I heard about the King and B.E. playing down at the theaters. I wanted to go but I was too busy hurting myself playing tennis 8-) Has anyone mentioned that Donny Iris loves the Cellar Dwellers?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home